“We Are Also Dying of AIDS”
Barriers to HIV Services and Treatment for Persons with Disabilities in Zambia
The 80-page report documents the obstacles faced by people with disabilities in both the community and healthcare settings. These include pervasive stigma and discrimination, lack of access to inclusive HIV prevention education, obstacles to accessing voluntary testing and HIV treatment, and lack of appropriate support for adherence to antiretroviral treatment. The report also describes the sexual and intimate partner violence women and girls with disabilities face, and the need for the government and international donors to do more to ensure inclusive and accessible HIV services.
READ THE REPORT
- II. Barriers to HIV Services and Poor Quality of Care
- III. Vulnerability of Children and Women with Disabilities
- IV. Relevant International, Regional, and Domestic Law
- V. Inclusion of People with Disabilities in Zambia’s National HIV Response
- VI. Examples of Inclusive and Targeted HIV Services
Logged in to post comment.